I know the beginning of the year is always a hectic time. Many of you are
busy working on setting dates and events for your FFA and Young Farmer
programs. As you do so, I want to encourage you to keep in mind that our
goal this year is for each of you to invite your state representative and
senator to come and speak to your students by December. Think of the impact
it will make to have all of our legislators see the difference Agricultural
Education is having on Georgia's students.

There are many ways you can accomplish this. Some of you may want to ask
your legislators to speak to individual classes. Others may want to hold an
FFA meeting during the school day and have the senator or representative as
the keynote speaker. If your school has a Young Farmer program, it may be
possible for some Young Farmer members to schedule a short breakfast meeting
with your legislators and then have them speak to high school and/or middle
school students afterwards.
If you need the contact information for your senator and representative, you
can find it at this website:
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/FindLegislator.htm

I also wanted to remind you about the upcoming Elluminate session to be held
next Tuesday August 31, 2010 @ 4pm.  We will be covering many topics you
need to hear about as well as some updates from your area teachers.  Details
on how to login will come as soon as I get them so be on the look out.

Thanks for all you do.

--
Chris Corzine
Central Region Agricultural Education Coordinator