Teachers,

I know the beginning of the year is always a hectic time. Many of you are busy working on setting dates and events for your FFA and Young Farmer programs. As you do so, I want to encourage you to keep in mind that our goal this year is for each of you to invite your state representative and senator to come and speak to your students by December. Think of the impact it will make to have all of our legislators see the difference Agricultural Education is having on Georgia's students.

There are many ways you can accomplish this. Some of you may want to ask your legislators to speak to individual classes. Others may want to hold an FFA meeting during the school day and have the senator or representative as the keynote speaker. If your school has a Young Farmer program, it may be possible for some Young Farmer members to schedule a short breakfast meeting with your legislators and then have them speak to high school and/or middle school students afterwards.

If you need the contact information for your senator and representative, you can find it at this website: http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/FindLegislator.htm

I also wanted to remind you about the upcoming Elluminate session to be held next Tuesday August 31, 2010 @ 4pm.  We will be covering many topics you need to hear about as well as some updates from your area teachers.  Details on how to login will come as soon as I get them so be on the look out.

Thanks for all you do.

--

Chris Corzine
Central Region Agricultural Education Coordinator