I have received more details on the tax exempt status from the National FFA Alumni so please read and contact Phyllis McDonald with National FFA Alumni if you have questions. Even if your local affiliate's name did not appear on the list to possibly revoke status then you need to doublecheck everything with the IRS and National FFA Alumni to make sure you are under their general tax exempt status number.

It is possible that they have never filed if previously they made less than $25,000 in a given year OR if they have gone 3 years without filing.  It is now required that EVERYONE file no matter the amount of money made, more or less than $25,000.

If they are unsure, the best thing for them to do is call their local IRS and see if they have an active EIN#; if the do not, they need to file and obtain one.  Once they have the EIN#, if they are unsure if they are covered under Nationalís GEN# have them contact me, I can check with accounting and see if we have them on file and connected to us.  If they are not, all they need to do is complete a very simple tax return form that basically is the name, address, etc. of the affiliate along with their EIN#.  We will then return a letter to them with the pertinent information they need that lets them know they are covered under Nationalís GEN# for federal tax purposes.

Hope this makes since, if not let me know.

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Phyllis McDonald
Program Coordinator/Office Manager