I know the beginning of the year is always a hectic time. Many of you are busy working on setting dates and events for your FFA and Young Farmer programs. As you do so, I want to encourage you to keep in mind that our goal this year is for each of you to invite your state representative and senator to come and speak to your students by December. Think of the impact it will make to have all of our legislators see the difference Agricultural Education is having on Georgia's students.

There are many ways you can accomplish this. Some of you may want to ask your legislators to speak to individual classes. Others may want to hold an FFA meeting during the school day and have the senator or representative as the keynote speaker. If your school has a Young Farmer program, it may be possible for some Young Farmer members to schedule a short breakfast meeting with your legislators and then have them speak to high school and/or middle school students afterwards.

If you need the contact information for your senator and representative, you can find it at this website:

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/FindLegislator.htm

If you need any help, please let me or any of our area teachers know.

Sincerely,

Lynn Barber
South Region Agricultural Education Coordinator
Georgia Department of Education
ABAC 34, 2802 Moore Hwy.
Tifton, GA 31794
229-386-3428