Teachers if you had students with an environmental /community improvement SAE from last year submit their application for the Keep Georgia Beautiful Award.
Keep Georgia Beautiful (KGB) Awards Program honors those whose ongoing
efforts in community improvement, environmental stewardship, waste
reduction, and/or litter prevention exemplify leadership in protecting
Georgia’s environment. The KGB mission is to build and support community
environmental activities and behaviors resulting in a more beautiful
The following groups are eligible to apply:
- Nonprofit, Civic, and Community Organizations
- Schools and Youth Groups
- Businesses and Professional Organizations
- Government Agencies
Eligible groups may apply provided they have completed an initiative in one of the following categories:
- Community Improvement - recognizes efforts of
any group to improve, beautify, and preserve the quality of life in
their community. Efforts may include outdoor environmental education,
enhancement of public areas, community gardens, installing/maintaining
bike paths and pedestrian walkways, protecting historical town centers,
and working with public park associations.
- Litter Prevention – recognizes efforts of any
group to change attitudes and behaviors of litter in your community.
Efforts may include litter cleanups, enforcement of litter/illegal
dumping laws, placing garbage cans in needed areas, signage, storm drain
stenciling, classroom education and presentations to civic/community
- Waste Reduction and Recycling – recognizes
efforts to minimize the impact of waste, promote recycling, and/or
methods of responsible waste handling in your community. Efforts may
include education or initiatives in source or waste reduction,
recycling, composting and/or sanitary land filling.
KGB also offers six awards for individuals:
- The Carolyn Crayton Award and the Steve Reynolds Award presented to an exceptional female and male volunteer respectively
- The Barbara Mason Award recognizes an outstanding KAB Affiliate Executive Director
- Public Works Employee of the Year Award
- Code Enforcement Officer of the Year
- Student of the Year Award includes a $1,000 cash award
Entries are due September 15, 2010.