Reminder that chapters should be in official FFA Dress and bring their own gavel.
1. Franklin Co Middle FFA, Advisor A. Bellmany (2009 Champions)
2. Sonoraville Middle FFA, Advisor M. Waters
3. Jackson Co High FFA, Advisor K. Wilson
4. Madison Co Freshman Academy FFA, Advisor T. Lastly
5. Oconee Co High, Advisor S. Rushing
6. Greene Co High, Advisor C. Reid
7. Netwon Co High, Advisor R. Talton
8. Fannin Co High, Advisor R. Matthews
9. Sonoraville High, Advisor J. Spoon
10. Pepperell High, Advisor M. Gardner
11. Franklin Co High, Advisor C. Watkins
12. North Oconee High, Advisor T. Griffith
13. Temple High, Advisor I. Smith
14. Jackson Trail High, Advisor M. Paul
15. Madison Co High, Advisor K. Farmer
16. Union Co High, Advisor G. Bushey
17. Oglethorpe Co High, Rob Jackson
18. Winder Barrow, Tonia Harbin
19. Carson Middle School, Constance Reid
20. Woodland @ Bartow, Tyrone Casteel
21. North Murray High School, David Bushey
22. Bowden High School, Ryan Ayers
23. Murray Co High School, Mike Bushey
First rounds of the contest will be held Friday afternoon in the basement of the Dining Hall.
Top two teams from the preliminary rounds will compete in the finals at 6:30 p.m. in the Georgia Power Building.
Attached are the script and score card that will be used by the judges in the competition.
Please review the below items concerning the competition:
1. The official FFA Ceremony will be used with the six constitutional officer positions. (no additional officer parts will be scored)
2. A teacher from the school is asked to participate and serve as the advisor in the contest. The Advisor's part will not be scored.
3. Participants are not required to hold the actual position in which they are competing, but it is recommended to use the official chapter officers for this competition.
4. Top scoring chapters from each preliminary round will return for competition in the championship round.
5. Students and Advisors will be allowed to watch the championship round.
6. Scoring will be based on a rubric measuring each officer's voice, stage presence, and power of expression. The team will also receive a score for general effect. See attached is the opening ceremony score sheet.
7. Chapters can begin to compete at 4:00 p.m. All teams must be signed and on-site to compete no later than 5:00 p.m.
Registration is now open for the competition.
To register email [log in to unmask] with FFA Chapter Name and teacher name that will be serving as advisor.