Congratulations to all of the students and advisor's  who participated in the Area I Agricultural Tractor and Machinery Operation and Maintenance CDE held yesterday at the North West Georgia Regional Fairgrounds. Special thanks to Mr. Jasen Spoon for hosting the event, Mr. Blane Marable for his assistance, the Area I FFA Officers, Mr. Dan Smith, Service Manager with Mahindra Tractors, for his assistance and for providing hats for the participants, and to all of the advisor's who assisted with the driving course. The top two individuals are eligible to compete in the State Agricultural Tractor and Machinery Operation and Maintenance CDE which will be held on Friday October 1, 2010 at the Georgia National Fair in Perry. A complete listing of the scores and placings is attached. The CDE participants representing Area I in the State Agricultural Tractor and Machinery Operation and Maintenance CDE are:

1st place - Davey Findley - Floyd County College and Career Academy
2nd place - Jordan Worthey - Pepperell

Advisor's, please have your students send a thank you note or card to Mr. Smith. Mahindra Tractors is excited about sponsoring the Area I CDE and went all out to provide tractors and hats to the students. His contact information is:

Dan Smith
Service Manager
Mahindra USA, INC.
3548 US Hwy.411