Congratulations to everyone who participated in the Area 2 Sr. Lawnmower CDE
at the Oconee County Civic Center. We had a good turn with with 18 students
participating. I want to thank each teacher for taking the time to work with
your student and for providing this opportunity for them. I also want to
congratulate each student for putting forth the time and making the
commitment to compete. I know that students have a lot of options regarding
how to spend their time but you chose to do this and recognize the value in
developing these skills and competing. The top two individuals will advance
to the State Sr. Lawnmower CDE which will be held in Perry at the Georgia
National Fairgrounds on February 18, 2011. The results are unofficial until
rosters have been checked. Please remember that rosters are due on Friday
October 15, 2010. Congratulations to all! The top two winners in the Area 2
Sr. Lawnmower Operation CDE are:

1st place - Jacob Trites, Franklin County - Advisor Mr Cale Watkins

2nd place - Patrick Morgan, White County - Advisor Amanda Martin
--
Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher