Teachers,

Registration is now open for the Area I & Area II Meats Judging CDE.  Please complete this registration link.  https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/gaaged.org/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dFFrWjRGNkxjLUplVnFpSzVzTUNhM0E6MA to register your team.  Please see the t shirt design attached.

November 2nd:  Area I will be held at Sonoraville High School.  Registration will begin at 4:00 p.m.  CDE orientation will begin at 4:45 p.m.

November 4th: Area II will be held at UGA Meats Lab, 425 River Road, Athens, GA  30602.  Registration will begin at 4:00 p.m. with CDE registration at 4:45 p.m.

As this is our first year offering the Area CDE's for Meats, the contest will be an abbreviated version of the state contest.  I will try to make both Area I & Area II CDE's as consistent as possible so that each of your students are given the same opportunities.

Contest Information:
Written Test (20 questions for Seniors; 10 questions for Juniors).
Retail Meat Cuts Identification (40 Cuts for Seniors; 25 cuts for Juniors).
Placing of Two Classes (Wholesale beef or pork cuts, or retail beef, pork or lamb cuts).

--
Christa Steinkamp
North Region - Area Livestock Teacher