Mr. Melvin Johnson was a great leader in Agricultural Education in Georgia. His vision and dedicated work helped make our program become recognized as one of the best in the nation. Because of his leadership and direction, our program is continuing to grow and prosper today.

Mr. Johnson passed away on Thursday, October 28, 2010. The family has made arrangements to conduct three memorial services to celebrate the life of Mr. Melvin Johnson. It would be more than fitting if each of these memorial services had some FFA Blue & Gold and some Young Farmer Red in attendance.

The memorial services are scheduled to be conducted as follows:

At the First Baptist Church in Nashville, Ga. on November 12, 2010 at 5:00 p.m.
At Liberty Baptist Church in Tiger, Ga. on November 14, 2010 at 3:00 p.m.
At the State FFA - FCCLA Center in Covington, Ga. on November 28 at 3:00 p.m.

The family has asked that in lieu of flowers, a memorial contribution to the Georgia FFA Foundation can be made.

Contact information for Mrs. Reba Johnson is:

phone number -- 706-212-0093

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 37
Tiger, GA
30576

Home Address
493 Frontier Rd,
Tiger, GA
30576

Please join me in keeping the Melvin Johnson Family in our thoughts and prayers.

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East