See message below from Dr. Silcox:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: RONALD E Silcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 9:24 AM
Subject: State Livestock Show Reminders

Reminder 1:
Commercial Dairy Heifer Entry Deadline Nov. 15.  Commercial Dairy heifers must be tagged and entered online by midnight Monday, November 15 at:
http://www.georgia4h.org/public/apps/jrnatreg/

Entry fees, photos and signed entry forms must be mail by November 22.

Reminder 2:
Market Hog Show Entry Deadline December 5.

Order Hog Tags now!  Our last day to mail hog tags is November 23.  Hog tags are Orange this year. Order form is at:
http://georgia4h.org/livestock/state_livestock_show.htm

Reminder 3:
Breeding Ewe Entry Deadline December 10.  Ewes must be owned and Tagged by Entry Deadline.

There was an error in the rule book that has been corrected.  Rule 1 has for 2011 has always read:

1.       All ewes must be owned by the exhibitor on or before December 10, 2010.  Entries must be made on-line by the county agent for 4-H entries or by the agricultural education teacher for  FFA entries by December 10, 2010.

Farther down in the rules we did not change the December 15 date for tagging, but naturally the ewes need to be owned and tagged before the entry deadline just like always.  This has been corrected in the rule book.  (ALWAYS TAG BEFORE YOU ENTER)

Ewe tags are red and are exactly the same tag as market lamb tags, so you may use leftover red market lamb tags.  If your ewe was shown as a market lamb, just use the Red state tag that she already has.  Last day to ship Ewe tags is December 3.

Ronnie Silcox,
Extension Animal Scientist
Rhodes Animal & Dairy Science
Athens, GA  30605