As some of you may know - some of the programs have recently changed with the National Animal Identification System.  From my understanding, it is now known as Animal Disease Traceability.  For more information on the changes & specifics please visit one of the following websites below.  The first one is from the USDA website and the second is from the Ga. Department of Agriculture.  We can obtain premises ID #'s for your farm or school ag center, please the GA website below online if you are interested in this information.

Please see the USDA website for more information:  http://www.aphis.usda.gov/traceability/  The first paragraph below was taken directly from the USDA website.

On February 5, 2010, USDA announced a new, flexible framework for animal disease traceability in the United States.

The framework will provide the basic tenets of an improved animal disease traceability capability in the United States.  USDA’s efforts will:

There is a link on the GA Dept of Agriculture Website to register your location (premises ID) online:  http://agr.georgia.gov/portal/site/AGR/menuitem.e429305ad2099d1d6eff626ed03036a0/?vgnextoid=7cd9bf6926a06210VgnVCM100000bf01020aRCRD

--
Christa Steinkamp
North Region - Area Livestock Teacher