Dear Fellow Ag.Teachers,

I ask for your help as we conduct a study to determine how our agricultural education students are performing on the science portion of the Georgia High School Graduation Test (GHSGT) as compared to students that do not take part in agricultural education classes.  Every high school agricultural education program in Georgia is being asked to collect this needed information to identify current seniors who have passed agricultural education courses.  To access the scores and number of agricultural education courses passed, please assist your school counselors, testing coordinators, or assistant principals with the attached form.  The students will not be identified in the study; therefore, the initials or other identifiable codes will only be used to assist you in SAE participation and FFA participation data on the form.  Once the information is recorded, the students’ initials and school names will be discarded to ensure NO system or individual student will be identified in the study.

Only one list of students per school should be submitted and the requested data should be on the attached form which contains directions for completion.

Sara Clark has volunteered to compile this information and prepare a report for me. If you have any questions, please direct your questions to her email [log in to unmask].

You have three options for submitting the information:
1. complete the electronic survey at this web address https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDJKMHptVkFualZNNjV0MUtxQmxNZlE6MQ
2. fill out the attached chart and email to [log in to unmask]
3. mail the attached chart to Sara Clark, 7340 Fairmount Highway, Calhoun, GA  30701.

Please prepare and send the information by December 17, 2010

I realize that gathering this information is time consuming, but the report generated will provide evidence to support what we already know -- that our courses improve academic achievement and are an integral part of the Georgia high school curriculum. I appreciate your help in gathering this valuable data for our Agricultural Education Program and for the great way each of you represent our program in your school, community, and state. Georgia Ag-Ed Teachers are the best!!!

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East