North Region Teachers,

As you all know, one of our Statewide initiatives this year has been to
encourage each teacher to partner with an academic area in a hands-on
project that highlights the incorporation of academic instruction in our
agriculture education curriculum. The goal of this initiative is to collect
samples of oustanding collaboration activities and compile them into a
brochure. This brochure can then be used to spotlight our contributions to
student academic success with administrators and legislators. It can also
serve as a resource for teachers who would like to incorporate more academic
instruction into their agriculture classes.

In an effort to make the submission of activities less painful, we have
developed an application that can be filled out in a step by step process
that includes all of the information we hoped to collect. Working with
curriculum supplier "One Less Thing" we are also prepared to offer a $100
gift certificate for the first place collaboration activity and $50 each for
the second and third place activity.

I know many of you have been conducting these types of activities for some
time and just can't find the time to sit down and send in a description of
what you are doing. I hope this offers a little incentive to justify
spending what I know can be a precious 30-45 minutes.

Please enjoy a safe and restful Thanksgiving Holiday and I'll leave you with
a quote from a church below my house...

"We don't need more to be thankful for...we just need to be more
thankful"...

Have a great Thanksgiving,

Stan

--