Thank you to all the students who competed at the 2010 Area I Meats CDE.  We
had a total of 11 Senior Teams & 19 Junior Teams compete yesterday with a
total of 110 students!

*Special thanks to Sonoraville High School FFA Members for their generous
hospitality and especially to Ms. Sara Clark & Mr. Jasen Spoon!  *

*Special thanks also to Ms. Melissa Miller, UGA Graduate Student in Meat
Science and UGA Meats Lab for their help in aquiring cuts & officials.  *

Congratulations to the following teams & individuals!! *(These results are
unofficial until rosters have been checked & confirmed).  All results are
attached in an excel workbook - please see separate tabs at the bottom for
Sr / Jr  & Team/ Individual results.  *The top teams in both Jr & Sr in each
Area will advance to the State Contest on December 4th at the UGA Meats Lab
in Athens.

*Senior Teams*
1st place - North Murray High School, Advisor:  Mr. David Bushey
2nd place - Murray County High School, Advisor:  Mr. Mike Bushey

*Senior High Individuals:*
1st place - Zachary Collins, North Murray High School
2nd place - Johnny Smith, North Murray High School
3rd place - Connor Elrod, North Murray High School

*Junior Teams*
1st place - Gladden Middle School, Advisor:  Mrs. Sarah Duckworth
2nd place - North Murray High School, Advisor:  Mr. David Bushey

*Junior High Individuals*
1st place - Guiermo Illingsworth, Gladden Middle School
2nd place - Jimmy Jenkins, North Murray High School
3rd place - Rodney Ray, North Murray High School

--
Christa Steinkamp
North Region - Area Livestock Teacher

see.