North Region Teachers,

As you all know, one of our Statewide initiatives this year has been to encourage each teacher to partner with an academic area in a hands-on project that highlights the incorporation of academic instruction in our agriculture education curriculum. The goal of this initiative is to collect samples of oustanding collaboration activities and compile them into a brochure. This brochure can then be used to spotlight our contributions to student academic success with administrators and legislators. It can also serve as a resource for teachers who would like to incorporate more academic instruction into their agriculture classes.

In an effort to make the submission of activities less painful, we have developed an application that can be filled out in a step by step process that includes all of the information we hoped to collect. Working with curriculum supplier "One Less Thing" we are also prepared to offer a $100 gift certificate for the first place collaboration activity and $50 each for the second and third place activity.

I know many of you have been conducting these types of activities for some time and just can't find the time to sit down and send in a description of what you are doing. I hope this offers a little incentive to justify spending what I know can be a precious 30-45 minutes.

Please enjoy a safe and restful Thanksgiving Holiday and I'll leave you with a quote from a church below my house...

"We don't need more to be thankful for...we just need to be more thankful"...

Have a great Thanksgiving,

Stan

--
Stan Mitchell