Thank you to all the students who competed at the 2010 Area I Meats CDE.  We had a total of 11 Senior Teams & 19 Junior Teams compete yesterday with a total of 110 students!

Special thanks to Sonoraville High School FFA Members for their generous hospitality and especially to Ms. Sara Clark & Mr. Jasen Spoon!

Special thanks also to Ms. Melissa Miller, UGA Graduate Student in Meat Science and UGA Meats Lab for their help in aquiring cuts & officials.

Congratulations to the following teams & individuals!! (These results are unofficial until rosters have been checked & confirmed).  All results are attached in an excel workbook - please see separate tabs at the bottom for Sr / Jr  & Team/ Individual results.  The top teams in both Jr & Sr in each Area will advance to the State Contest on December 4th at the UGA Meats Lab in Athens.

Senior Teams
1st place - North Murray High School, Advisor:  Mr. David Bushey
2nd place - Murray County High School, Advisor:  Mr. Mike Bushey

Senior High Individuals:
1st place - Zachary Collins, North Murray High School
2nd place - Johnny Smith, North Murray High School
3rd place - Connor Elrod, North Murray High School

Junior Teams
1st place - Gladden Middle School, Advisor:  Mrs. Sarah Duckworth
2nd place - North Murray High School, Advisor:  Mr. David Bushey

Junior High Individuals
1st place - Guiermo Illingsworth, Gladden Middle School
2nd place - Jimmy Jenkins, North Murray High School
3rd place - Rodney Ray, North Murray High School

--
Christa Steinkamp
North Region - Area Livestock Teacher