We are fast approaching the midpoint of the year and GVATA Mid-winter Conference is right around the corner. This year's conference will be January 13-14 at the State FFA -FCCLA Center in Covington. In order for us to make adequate plans for the conference we need each of you to complete the attached registration form and return it to the region office by December 15. I have also attached the Fall GVATA Newsletter which contains the agenda for the conference.

I encourage each of you to attend the Hall of Fame dinner and ceremony on Thursday evening. This ceremony recognizes those who have given their time, talents, and energy as they have devoted their careers to helping students through Agricultural Education. Our attendance is one way that we can say "Thank You" to these deserving individuals.

I look forward to seeing many of you at our CDEs this week. As always, if we can be of assistance in any way, please let us know. Thank you for all that you are doing to make a positive difference in the lives of your students!
Lynn Barber
South Region Agricultural Education Coordinator
Georgia Department of Education
ABAC 34, 2802 Moore Hwy.
Tifton, GA 31794
229-386-3428