The Area 4 Jr. Prepared Public Speaking CDE was held yesterday at Burke
County High School.  A special thanks goes out to Andy TenHuisen and Catrina
Kennedy for hosting the CDEs.  The hospitality, judges and facilities were
great.  I would also like to say a BIG THANKS to the Burke County FFA
Officer team and State FFA Officer Erica Frost for helping get everyone to
the right competition room and all the signs they made around campus to get
everyone in the right location.

Madison Hutcheson from Treutlen High placed 1st and Ashley Smith from
Screven High was 2nd.
These two young ladies will represent Area 4 at the state CDE held during
the State FFA Convention.  We wish them good luck as they continue to
prepare for State Jr. Prepared Public Speaking CDE.

Other FFA members competing were: Victoria Hilderbrant from Cross Creek,
Ivey Glover from Johnson, Haley Waters from Screven Middle, and Micah Wood
from South Effingham Middle.

Kevin Jump
Area Mechanics Teacher
Central Region Agricultural Education