I hope everyone looks forward to the Christmas Holidays and spending much needed time with family.
This time of year is a perfect opportunity to teach students how to take care of small equipment and prepare them for storage during the Christmas Holidays.
- Equipment is best stored inside the shop or under a shed away from the elements.
- Change the oil after the season and before storage. If equipment is stored for the duration of winter, change the oil again before spring operation.
- Gasoline does not last forever and will go bad over time so remove it from the tank of equipment that is to be stored for several weeks.
- Remove batteries from equipment. Do not place them directly on concrete floors. At the very least, disconnect terminals to avoid discharge during storage.
- Lubricate all moving parts before and after storage.
- Check out this link for more tips: http://www.homeservicesengine.com/articles/tips_tractor_maintenance.html
- Also, don't forget the Briggs and Stratton Power Portal for technical info at www.thepowerportal.com Login: voed_schools Password: briggs
Have a Merry Christmas!
Area Mechanics Teacher
Central Region Agricultural Education
PO Box 4060
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030
478 825 6068 office
478 230 8344 cell
478 825 6980 fax