*The Georgia FFA Alumni Association is the sponsor of the Georgia
Agricultural Education Hall of Fame program. This program is an excellent
way to honor our fellow teachers who have contributed to the success of our
profession.

It is with a great deal of pleasure that I announce the Agricultural
Education Hall of Fame selection committee has completed their review of the
nominees for induction in 2011. This year the committee received nominations
for twelve agricultural educators. **This year the committee had many great
applicants but due to the policy adopted years ago we could only select one
active person and four retired educators. *
*
The committee's selection for the Twelfth Induction Ceremony of the
Agricultural Education Hall of Fame are Mr. Gary Minyard, Mr. Jack Barnes,
Mr. C.D. Brannen,  Mr. Conrad Davidson and Mr. Dana Perkins.  I think you
will agree that all are deserving individuals and have contributed much to
the quality of the Agricultural Education Program in Georgia.

The Hall of Fame Banquet will be held in conjunction with the GVATA
Mid-Winter Teacher's Conference to be held Thursday, January 13, 2011. The
dinner will begin at 6:00 pm with the actual induction ceremony being held
in Mobley Hall at 7:00 pm.

I know all of you will want to congratulate these worthy recipients and
their families.

Please also take a moment to thank the Georgia FFA Alumni Association for
their continued support and leadership of this excellent program.
*

--
David Turner
216 Four Towers, UGA Campus