 Agriculture Teachers,

Our first UGA FFA Invitational in Tifton (UFIT) held on November 8th was a
tremendous success.  Approximately 65 students participated in the mock CDE
contest and the overall result was a positive experience for the undergrads
and high school students.  Thank you to all those who participated and
contributed to making that event run smoothly and efficiently.

The UFIT that is scheduled for Wednesday, December 8th has been canceled due
to a lack of participation from schools.  Originally eight schools with 55
students registered to compete and as of this morning seven of the eight
schools have canceled.  I along with the undergrads are disappointed we will
not be able to hold this event as a considerable amount of time, resources,
and energy went into the planning and organization of this event.

The ALEC Advisory Board will be meeting at the GVATA Conference in January
where we will discuss ways to improve the UFIT program.  I hope that you
will pass along any advice that you have to me or a State Staff Member so
that we can improve the UFIT program and extend it beyond this year.

Thank you and have a Merry Christmas,

Jason

Jason Peake
Associate Professor
University of Georgia
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communication
Phone - 229.386.3085
Fax -       229.386.3158
Email -   [log in to unmask]

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from all computers."