Dear Fellow Ag. Teachers,

There has been a great deal of discussion lately about the state budget
and the possibility of more cuts to education. The following links report
two recent articles regarding the concerns.

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia_elections_news/2010/12/07/exclusive-deal-warns-of-cuts-to-k-12-need-to-salvage-hope/

http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politics-elections/school-leaders-worry-about-770599.html

It was requested back in July that every agriculture program set up a
meeting with a State Representative or Senator and allow them to meet with
agriculture students and hopefully gain a better perspective of the
benefits of our great program. We also requested that you submit any
photos or news reports so that it can be highlighted on the GVATA web page
under the tab "Know your Legislator". I really appreciate the THREE Ag-Ed
programs that have helped with this effort. Wayne County, Effingham
County, and Dodge County are to be commended for helping our entire
program get more positive exposure and better support from State
Legislators I encourage you to look at these reports on the GVATA website.

As the negotiations and budget talks begin in January during the next
legislative session, I hope that we have been pro-active enough to
minimize the potential budget reductions to agricultural education.

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East