Happy New Year!!!

Agricultural Education in Georgia has a unique opportunity to start 2011 in a very positive and impressive manner. Governor Elect Nathan Deal has established an inaugural "Day of Service" for Saturday, January 8. There are only 27 locations that are included for this special day, and the FFA - FCCLA Center near Covington is one of the sights selected for this day of service. This is our chance to make a strong statement about our program.  How impressive would it be if there were some FFA members and some blue and gold jackets in attendance for this event??? How impressive would it be for our profession if there were several Agriculture Teachers participating??? Please consider this opportunity and make plans to participate in the inaugural Day of Service established by our new Governor Nathan Deal. More details are included below:

The Day of service for the Nathan Deal Inaugural.

The Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center will be one of 27 sites for the day of service for the Nathan Deal Inauguration on January 8, 2010.  The event is open to anyone and will be 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.  The Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center is planning to plant trees to beautify the center as the service project.

Secretary of State Brain Kemp and Agriculture Commissioner elect Gary Black is planning on participating at Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center.

Each participant will receive a t-shirt, lunch and 2 complimentary concert tickets to Mark Wills and the Kinchafoonee Cowboys at the Buckhead Theater that evening. The concert begins at 7:30.

It is important to register for the event by Next Tuesday evening January 4. Registration can be completed on the internet at http://www.dealinaugural.com/service.php. For more information contact Todd Teasley at [log in to unmask].

I hope to see you there.

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education