FYI...This may be something that interests you and your students.

The America's Farmers Grow Communities program allows farmers a chance to win $2,500 for their favorite local nonprofit organizations. Farmers can direct money back in their communities to assist local nonprofit organizations like FFA, 4-H, fire departments, schools, libraries and hospitals. In Georgia, there are 25 eligible counties (listed below), and one farmer from each county will win. In total, more than $62,500 will go to these communities!

What could your county FFA chapters do with an extra $2,500? Send more local youth to the Washington Leadership Conference? Build an outdoor classroom? Buy members FFA jackets?

If your state's eligible county FFA chapters could benefit from these funds, please reach out farmers (age 21 and older) and have them register at www.growcommunities.com<http://www.growcommunities.com/>.  As of today, only 175 Georgia farmers have registered for the program. We need to get the word out! Hopefully you can help.

Below you will find newsletter copy that can be used in your organization publications or on any social media platforms you may use (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)

There are also other ways to share the Grow Communities Program with farmers. For instance, I can order sign-up pads for farmers that do not want to register online. Another way to get helpful information about the program is on our Spread the Word<http://www.monsanto.com/americasfarmers/Pages/grow-communities-spread-the-word.aspx> section of the Grow Communities website. It has promotional material like posters and newsletters, as well as a way to share the Grow Communities program on your website.

We would like to have rural partner support with reaching out to Georgia farmers. I look forward to working with you on this. Please let me know if you need me to send you any promotional materials!

Thank you so much for your time! Feel free to contact me with questions you may have.

Angie Taylor | Assistant Account Executive | OSBORN & BARR | D: 314.746.1979 | F: 314.726.6350 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

For more information on the America's Farmers Grow Communities program, please visit www.GrowCommunities.com<http://www.GrowCommunities.com>.

Georgia Farmers have Only a Limited Time Left to Apply for a Chance to win $2,500 for their Community.

The signs of another successful harvest are evident, and the combines and cotton pickers are being put away for the winter. Even though harvest is over, a farmer's work is never done. Now, farmers can use the time between the end of harvest and the beginning of planting season to make a difference in their local communities.

It only takes a few minutes for farmers to make that difference. Area farmers have the opportunity to direct a $2,500 donation to a favorite nonprofit organization in more than 1,200 counties across 38 states through the Monsanto Fund's America's Farmers Grow CommunitiesSM program. Not only does the Monsanto Fund expect to donate $62,500 in Georgia counties, but for every eligible farmer that applies, the Monsanto Fund will donate $1 to that participant's local United Way.

There is just a short time left for the farmers in the 25 eligible counties in Georgia to apply for the program. The entry deadline is Dec. 31, 2010. Farmers can apply at www.growcommunities.com<http://www.growcommunities.com/> or by calling 1.877.267.3332.

America's Farmers Grow Communities is open to all farmers age 21 and over who are actively engaged in farming a minimum of 250 acres of corn, soybeans and/or cotton, or 40 acres of open field vegetables, or at least 10 acres of tomatoes, peppers and/or cucumbers grown in protected culture are eligible. No purchase is necessary in order to enter or win.  One winner will be drawn from each of the more than 1,200 participating counties, and Monsanto Fund will announce winning farmers and recipient organizations by February 2011.

Eligible counties in Georgia include:  Baker, Bleckley, Brooks, Bulloch, Burke, Calhoun, Coffee, Colquitt, Crisp, Decatur, Dooly, Early, Grady, Irwin, Jefferson, Lee, Miller, Mitchell, Screven, Seminole, Sumter, Terrell, Thomas, Wilcox and Worth.

###