Agriculture Teachers,

Our first UGA FFA Invitational in Tifton (UFIT) held on November 8th was a tremendous success.  Approximately 65 students participated in the mock CDE contest and the overall result was a positive experience for the undergrads and high school students.  Thank you to all those who participated and contributed to making that event run smoothly and efficiently.

The UFIT that is scheduled for Wednesday, December 8th has been canceled due to a lack of participation from schools.  Originally eight schools with 55 students registered to compete and as of this morning seven of the eight schools have canceled.  I along with the undergrads are disappointed we will not be able to hold this event as a considerable amount of time, resources, and energy went into the planning and organization of this event.

The ALEC Advisory Board will be meeting at the GVATA Conference in January where we will discuss ways to improve the UFIT program.  I hope that you will pass along any advice that you have to me or a State Staff Member so that we can improve the UFIT program and extend it beyond this year.

Thank you and have a Merry Christmas,

Jason

Jason Peake
Associate Professor
University of Georgia
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communication
Phone - 229.386.3085
Fax -       229.386.3158
Email -   [log in to unmask]

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers."