We had a great group of Market Lamb and Market Goat Record Books submitted this year for competition.  Listed below (in alphabetical order by last name) you will find those 4-H and FFA members that will be recognized at the Georgia Junior National Award Banquet which is scheduled for Friday, February 18th at 7:00 pm in the Miller Murphy Howard Building.

Pre-Club 1-2 Market Goat (9 Participants):Bella Chandler, Jackson County 4-H
Merritt Eavenson, Franklin County 4-H
John Painter, Pickens County 4-H
Collin Watson, Gordon County 4-H
Haley Kendrick, Turner County 4-H

Pre-Club 3-4 Market Goat (6 Participants):
MacKenzie Blair, Colquitt County 4-H
Wyatt Chandler, Jackson County 4-H
Ivey Cook, Tift County 4-H
Eliza Floyd, Franklin County 4-H
Adam Tawzer, Franklin County 4-H

Junior Market Goat (19 Participants):Jared Cook, Eighth Street Middle School FFA
Faith Gilman, East Jackson Middle FFA
Marie Swims, Gordon County 4-H
Megan Thackston, Wilkes County 4-H
Abigail Turner, Peach County 4-H

Senior Market Goat (6 Participants):Matthew Crumley, Northeast Tift FFA
Newt Gilman, East Jackson FFA
Mary Phillips, Franklin County FFA
Addie Thomason, Franklin County FFA
Faith Turk, Banks County FFA

Pre-Club 1-2 Market Lamb (5 Participants):Haley Bright, Newton County 4-H
Zoe Eaton, Oconee County 4-H
Elizabeth Teasley, Newton County 4-H
Luke Wallace, Newton County 4-H
Lyndon Webb, Elbert County 4-H

Pre-Club 3-4 Market Lamb (4 Participants):Ivey Cook, Tift County 4-H
Ava Teasley, Newton County 4-H
Elise Webb, Elbert County 4-H
Will Woodard, Morgan County 4-H

Junior Market Lamb (4 Participants):Lea Barrow, Colquitt County FFA
Jared Cook, Tift County FFA
Malissa Powell, South Effingham Middle FFA
Grace Webb, Elbert County 4-H

Senior Market Lamb (5 Participants):Matthew Crumley, Northeast Tift FFA
Kate Josey, Franklin County 4-H
Scout Josey, Franklin County 4-H
Jamie Webb, Elbert County 4-H
Claire Woodard, Morgan County 4-H

The above mentioned 4-H and FFA members are eligible for a complimentary exhibitor banquet/dance ticket and one additional complimentary banquet ticket for an adult of their choice.  Agents/Ag. Teachers, will be able to order tickets for the banquet starting January 6th online at the Georgia Junior National Livestock Show Online Registration.  Banquet tickets will be available to request/order until 5 pm on Thursday, February 10th.

Requested tickets will be available to be picked up at the following locations at the following times:

Thursday, February 17th
9:00 am to 12 noon and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm:  Roquemore Building

Friday, February 18th
9:00 am to 12 noon:  Miller Murphy Howard Building

Please note that we will release all of county tickets at one time to one adult who will sign for the county tickets.  It is the responsibility of that adult to distribute to the corresponding individuals.

We will have reserved seating for those award winners that are listed above.  Please have award winners check in at the registration table in the Miller Murphy Howard Building between 6:15 pm and 6:45 pm on Friday, February 18th.  If you have an award recipient that is unable to attend, please send an email to me at the address provided below.

All record books that were submitted for competition will be available to be picked up at the conclusion of the banquet on a designated table.  All record books that are not picked up will be shipped to the county office or school to be distributed.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter and congratulations to all that participated this year.

--
Ricky Wheeler
Area Animal Science Teacher