Thank you to each of you who prepared teams for the Area 1 Livestock
JudgingCDE!  I truly appreciate your hard work in getting these teams
ready & your
willingness to try a new schedule.  *(I apologize for the delay this morning
- I had to replace the scan tron machine with one from the curriculum office
at the last minute.)*  The top 3 three teams & the 10 ten high individuals
in each contest will advance on to the state contest (Saturday, March 26,
2011 in UGA Livestock Arena, Athens, GA).    Please see attached spreadsheet
for complete team & student rankings.  Both Jr & Sr results are included in
this spreadsheet (see tabs at bottom of worksheet).  Official placings &
cuts are also included in the spreadsheet - please see last tab.

***All these results are unofficial until all rosters are confirmed.****

Congratulations to the following winners who will advance on to the state
contest:

*Senior Teams:*
1 - Gordon Central High School, Advisor: Melissa Hubbard
      (Holly Smith High Individual Sr contest)
2 - North Murray County High School, Advisor:  David Bushey
3 - Murray County High School, Advisors:  Mike Bushey & Kip Williams

*Junior Teams:  *
1 - Sonoraville High School, Advisor:  Jasen Spoon
2 - Clear Creek Middle School, Advisor:  Ashton Allen
3 - Dawson County High School, Advisor:  Reggie Stowers

*Sr Individuals also advancing onto state (outside of top 3 teams):*
8th place:   Charlotte Frady, Cass High
10th place:  Savannah Brown, Bowdon High School

*Jr Individuals also advancing onto state(outside of top 3 teams):*
1st place (High Individual):  Beth Wimpey, Northwest Whitfield
4th place:  Christopher Metroka, Adairsville High School
5th place:  Savannah Norman, Rockmart High School
6th place:  Lori Edwards, Sonoraville Middle School
7th place:  TJ Haehnlein, Bowdon High School
9th place:  Nathan Ledbetter, Bowdon High School

Special Thanks to our reasons takers:

Dr. DJ Shepard, Mr. Cameron Clark, Mr. Chris Pritchettand Mr. Josh Whitworth
(UGA Livestock Judging Team).

I would also like to extend a very special thank you to the following people
who helped set up and/or provide animals for the contest:  Sidney Bell, Jary
Douglas, Emilia Dover, Ted Dyer (goat classes), Regina Holiday, Stan
Mitchell, Red Bud Experiment Station, Todd Teasley (hog & sheep classes) &
Beth Watson (goat classes).

--
Christa Steinkamp
North Region - Area Livestock Teacher