Congratulations to Zach Collins from North Murray FFA  for winning first place and to Art Brown from Dawson County FFA for winning second place in the Area 1 FFA/EMC Career Development Event held at Amicalola EMC on Tuesday. Good luck to both of these students as the represent Area 1 at the state CDE in January. I would like to express special thanks to Amicalola EMC for hosting the event and to all of the personnel at Amicalola, Blue Ridge Mountain, North Georgia and Carroll EMC who helped with the set up and judging and for the excellent meal. I would also like to thank Mr. Stan Mitchell, North Region Coordinator for his help with setting up and for bringing greetings from the Region office.

Teachers, please contact District 12 Representative elect Rick Jasperse and District 51 Senator elect Steve Gooch and thank them for taking time to come to the event. I believe they were impressed with our students and the knowledge and skills that they demonstrated through the electrification CDE. A simple note from you and your student will speak volumes and help to continue the positive relationship Agricultural Education has with our legislature.

Most importantly, thank you teachers, you are why all of us are here and I am honored to have the opportunity to serve you and your students. A complete listing of the results is attached. Rosters have been checked and the results are official. I hope you all have a well deserved weekend. If I can help in any way, please let me know.

--
Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher