Good Morning and Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a great Christmas with family and friends. Several are
starting back to school today and catching up on messages you received
during the break. Please take a look at the message Mr. Bridges sent last
week regarding Governor-elect Nathan Deal's Day of Service at the State
FFA-FCCLA Center in Covington.

I realize we have some schools that are a couple hours from Covington,
however, I would encourage all of you to consider taking a few of your
students or officers and going up on Saturday to participate. Not only will
this give your chapter the priviledge of participating in a service project,
it could also help promote a positive image of Georgia FFA. Also, your
students will have the distinct opportunity of serving alongside our
Commisioner of Agriculture Elect and Secretary of State. All too often we
focus primarily on the first three lines of the FFA motto. Service
activities such as this give us all the chance to be "living to serve".

If you plan to participate, the deadline for registration is tomorrow. More
details are provided in Mr. Bridges email. You can register by clicking on
this link or going to this web-site http://www.dealinaugural.com/service.php
be sure you have each student register so they will receive a shirt. I look
forward to seeing many of you and your students in attendance Saturday in
Covington.

--
Chris Corzine
Central Region Agricultural Education Coordinator