The Midwinter conference is just two short days away and there are a couple of things I would like to remind you of. First, We will be honored to have our new State school Superintendent, Dr. John Barge, attending our Mid Winter GVATA conference. This will be an excellent opportunity for us to demonstrate our commitment to our students and the Ag Ed program as well as showcase our professionalism. Dr. Barge has indicated great support for our program by fitting our conference into his schedule so soon after assuming his duties. I would encourage all of us to do what we can to make a positive first impression and dress professionally for the conference.. This is an excellent opportunity for us to showcase our teachers and profession.

Secondly, if you are bringing a school check for registration fees, please have it made out to GVATA and not the FFA Camp or the Central Region Office.  Cost for the conference is $40 for members, $115 for non-members, and $15 for the Hall of Fame dinner (if you checked it).

I look forward to seeing all of you on Thursday.  Stay warm.

Chris Corzine
Central Region Agricultural Education Coordinator
Georgia Department of Education
PO Box 4060
1005 State University Dr.
Ft. Valley, GA 31030