Good Morning and Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a great Christmas with family and friends. Several are starting back to school today and catching up on messages you received during the break. Please take a look at the message Mr. Bridges sent last week regarding Governor-elect Nathan Deal's Day of Service at the State FFA-FCCLA Center in Covington.

I realize we have some schools that are a couple hours from Covington, however, I would encourage all of you to consider taking a few of your students or officers and going up on Saturday to participate. Not only will this give your chapter the priviledge of participating in a service project, it could also help promote a positive image of Georgia FFA. Also, your students will have the distinct opportunity of serving alongside our Commisioner of Agriculture Elect and Secretary of State. All too often we focus primarily on the first three lines of the FFA motto. Service activities such as this give us all the chance to be "living to serve".

If you plan to participate, the deadline for registration is tomorrow. More details are provided in Mr. Bridges email. You can register by clicking on this link or going to this web-site http://www.dealinaugural.com/service.php  be sure you have each student register so they will receive a shirt. I look forward to seeing many of you and your students in attendance Saturday in Covington.

--

Chris Corzine
Central Region Agricultural Education Coordinator