I hope everyone is doing well today coping with the third day of ice and
snow and the confusion of rearranging schedules. I think I can speak for
everyone involved when I apologize for the inconvenience of disrupting
everyones calendar. However, please understand that it is very difficult to
come up with a perfect plan to accommodate those schools that have not been
in class all week and probably won't be, as well as those schools who
haven't seen a snowflake in years and are wondering what all the fuss is
about. I really appreciate everyones effort to do what is right and get
through these obviously unique circumstances.

I realize that many of you may have had plans already for Wednesday of next
week. I appreciate all who understand that our professional organization is
important and have taken the necessary steps to rearrange your schedules so
that you can attend. Mid-Winter Conference is part of our professional
standards and should be a priority for us all. If you have any serious
problems accommodating this schedule, please feel free to call me in the
office tomorrow or on my cell phone. I would be happy to see if, together,
we could find a solution.

I also want to take this opportunity to encourage all of you to attend the
Ag Ed Hall of Fame Ceremony and Supper on Wednesday evening. This event
recognizes those who have blazed the trail for us in Agricultural Education.
These nominees have devoted years of their life to our profession and their
students. It is only fitting that we honor them with our attendance.

Having said that, there may be a few of you who signed up to attend, but due
to the rescheduling have unavoidable conflicts Wednesday evening. If so,
please respond to this email by Friday morning to let me know if you can no
longer attend. Also, there may be some who could not attend, but now with
the revised schedule can. If so, please let me know. I will be sending Mr.
Teasley our new numbers by lunchtime Friday.

I look forward to seeing all of you in Covington next week,

Stan

Stan Mitchell
North Region Coordinator
Agricultural Education