Good Morning North Region Teachers and Happy New Year,

I hope each of you were able to enjoy a relaxing Holiday and are looking forward to the downhill side of the 2010-11 school year. As you catch up on emails this morning, I would encourage you to take a close look at the email sent by Mr. Bridges concerning the Nathan Deal Inauguration Day of Service opportunities.

Several sites across Georgia have been selected for community service projects including the FFA/FCCLA Center in Covington. The service day will be this Saturday, January 8th, with the deadline to sign up being tomorrow, January 4th. If your chapter is in need of community service hours, this would be a wonderful opportunity. With the FFA Camp so close for many of us, I hope we can be well represented and show those who have set out to help us that we are also willing to help ourselves. I know the notice is late since the email went out over the Holiday but we will make an impression on the Deal administration one way or the other this Saturday and it would benefit us all if it were a good one. Thank you in advance for anything you can do to help make this happen.

As we start a new semester, my hope is that I will improve my own efficiency and be able to better serve you as you serve your students and community. Please ask for help if you need it.

Good luck in 2011,

Stan
--
Stan Mitchell