*REMINDER:*

The Area V Ag Sales CDE will be held at ABAC on February 1. 2011 and the
Area VI Ag Sales CDE will be held at Coffee Middle School on February 3,
2011.

The CDE is made up of 4 individuals(less may compete) and all four scores
count.  Official  dress is highly recommended!
**
*The purpose of the Agriculture Sales Career Development Event is to provide
an individual with the basic skills to take advantage of the career
opportunities offered in the agricultural sales field. Sales are an
essential part of a market economy. Agricultural products benefit from sales
skills, both for inputs for production and the marketing of the products.*

*EVENT FORMAT*

On the region level, the students will only do an individual sales
presentation and each participant will present in front of a different set
of judges.  The participants must sale an agricultural product or service.
Each team member can either sale the same product or different products.
Participants are allowed and encouraged to use visual aids, but each person
must have their own (No sharing)!  Each participant will be allowed *15
minutes* for their presentation!

*INDIVIDUAL SALES PRESENTATION SCORING GUIDELINES*

   - Presale planning (15 Points)
   - Approaching customer (10 Points)
   - Determining customer wants and needs (15 Points)
   - Demonstration (20 Points)
   - Customer objections (20 Points)
   - Closure (20 Points)

A *Product Summary Sheet*  must  be submitted to me for each
participant by*January 25, 2011
*. The  Product Summary Sheet can be found at the end of the Agricultural
Sales CDE description in the *Georgia Awards Bulletin*.  All team  members
should use this format for their product summary.

*Please let me know if you are planning on having a team ASAP but no later
than Tuesday, January 18, 2011.*
**
Let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks!

Eddie
 --
 Eddie McKie
Area Teacher