If you have never planted a school garden, I would like to encourage you to consider planting one.  Even as someone that as planted a garden for many years, I struggle knowing when is the proper time to plant.  I gathered the attached information from the UGA Extension Bulletin entitled "Vegetable Gardening in Georgia".
Planting dates can and need to be adjusted depending on your location.  I would also encourage you to plant crops that can be harvested prior to end of school, so that students can enjoy it.

Eddie

--
Eddie McKie
Area Teacher