Good Morning and Happy New Year!

I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas break and were able to get some well deserved rest as well as spend time with your families. Many of you are starting back to school today and may be opening your emails and catching up on messages you received during the holidays. Please take note of the message Mr. Bridges sent last week regarding Governor-elect Nathan Deal's Day of Service at the State FFA-FCCLA Center in Covington.

I realize that many of our schools are several hours from Covington, however, I would encourage all of you to consider taking a few of your students or officers and going up on Saturday to participate. Not only will this give your chapter the priviledge of participating in a service project, it could also help promote a positive image of Georgia FFA. Also, your students will have the awesome opportunity of serving alongside our Commisioner of Agriculture Elect and Secretary of State. All too often we focus primarily on the first three lines of the FFA motto. Service activities such as this give us all the chance to be "living to serve".

If you plan to participate, the deadline for registration is tomorrow. More details are provided in Mr. Bridges email. You can register by going to http://www.dealinaugural.com/service.php. I look forward to us having some South Region chapters in attendance.

As always, if we can be of assistance to you and your program, feel free to let us know.

Lynn Barber
South Region Agricultural Education Coordinator
Georgia Department of Education
ABAC 34, 2802 Moore Hwy.
Tifton, GA 31794
229-386-3428