REMINDER:

The Area V Ag Sales CDE will be held at ABAC on February 1. 2011 and the Area VI Ag Sales CDE will be held at Coffee Middle School on February 3, 2011.

The CDE is made up of 4 individuals(less may compete) and all four scores count.  Official  dress is highly recommended!

The purpose of the Agriculture Sales Career Development Event is to provide an individual with the basic skills to take advantage of the career opportunities offered in the agricultural sales field. Sales are an essential part of a market economy. Agricultural products benefit from sales skills, both for inputs for production and the marketing of the products.

EVENT FORMAT

On the region level, the students will only do an individual sales presentation and each participant will present in front of a different set of judges.  The participants must sale an agricultural product or service.  Each team member can either sale the same product or different products.  Participants are allowed and encouraged to use visual aids, but each person must have their own (No sharing)!  Each participant will be allowed 15 minutes for their presentation!

INDIVIDUAL SALES PRESENTATION SCORING GUIDELINES

A Product Summary Sheet  must  be submitted to me for each participant by January 25, 2011. The  Product Summary Sheet can be found at the end of the Agricultural Sales CDE description in the Georgia Awards Bulletin.  All team  members should use this format for their product summary.

Please let me know if you are planning on having a team ASAP but no later than Tuesday, January 18, 2011.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks!

Eddie
 --
 Eddie McKie
Area Teacher