Discussion CDE's will be held

March 1:  Area 4, Southeastern Tech, starting at 4:00 PM
March 3:  Area 3, Upson-Lee High, starting at 4:00 PM

Please respond to this email to register with the following information by
noon on Monday, February 28.

School:
Teacher:
Student Name:

 The Discussion Topics are below.

*1. Farm Bureau is the leading voice for agriculture but not the only voice.
*

How do we encourage other agricultural groups to work together for the
common good of our industry?

* *

*2. Government has always been involved in agriculture. *

Is the current level of government involvement a net hindrance or a net
benefit to agriculture?

* *

*3. Has technology become essential for American farmers? *

Should Farm Bureau influence and encourage all generations of farmers,
ranchers and  agriculturalists to embrace technological opportunities?

* *

*4. Given recent challenges, such as volatile food prices and limited world
food supplies, do American consumers adequately appreciate the importance of
US-produced food? *

Will American consumers consider American agriculture important to our
security in the future?

RW

--
Ricky Wheeler