I thought this might be of interest to you or some tree farmers in your
area.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Judy Couch <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 5:12 PM
Subject: UPDATE - Workshops on Longleaf Pine Management

*These workshops have been approved for 5 CFE and 5 CLE credit hours.*

* *

*TO: GFA Members*

* *

*Below you will find an announcement for a series of workshops on Longleaf
Pine management sponsored jointly by the Georgia Forestry Commission and The
Longleaf Alliance. I’m confident that a number of GFA members will find this
opportunity of interest. Please distribute the meetings schedule to your
friends and clients.*

* *

*Steve*

* *

* *

*Longleaf Workshop*

*The Longleaf Alliance, in conjunction with the Georgia Forestry Commission,
is conducting 6 technical workshops for landowners , agency personnel , and
private natural resource professionals such as consultants, industry
employees, TIMO’s, REITS and NGO’s throughout Georgia. Whether you are
considering longleaf restoration on your land, consult with those that do,
or just want to learn more about this interesting part of our cultural and
natural heritage, these workshops are for you!*

* *

*February 8:                Thomaston, GA.  Location:  The Rock Ranch.  5020
Barnesville Highway.  *

*February 9:                Americus, GA.  Location:  Georgia Southwestern
State University.  800 Georgia Southwestern State University Drive.
Building 7:  Student Success Center.  Rooms:  2413 and 2417  *

*February 10:              Valdosta, GA.  Location:  Wiregrass Georgia
Technical College.  4089 Val Tech Road.  Conference Center / Brooks Hall
Building.    *

*February 22:              Statesboro, GA.  Location:  FSA Service Center
Office / Bulloch County Farm Service Agency.  151 Langston Chapel Road.  *

*February 23:              Lyons, GA.  Location:  Vidalia Onion and
Vegetable Research Center.  8163 Hwy 178, Lyons, GA.*

*February 24:              Waycross, GA.  Location:  Waycross College.  2001
South Georgia Parkway.  Auditorium in Building C.      *

*Example of Topics:  *

*Introducing Fire into Young Longleaf Stands,*

*Native Seed Mixes including Partridge Pea Complications,*

*Insects & Diseases, *

*Herbaceous Release,*

*Inter-planting Longleaf,*

*Tree Spacing in Relation to Tree/Wood Quality and Pine Straw,*

*Wildlife Habitat,*

*Cost-share / Incentive Programs for Longleaf *

*Go to this website for addition information, agendas & directions.
  www.longleafalliance.org*

* *

*RSVP:*

*Call or email Vickie at:

*Cost:
**$20 at the door - includes lunch!*

*Times:**
**Registration 8:30 - Finish up by 4:30*

* *

*Sponsored By:*

Georgia Forestry Commission

The Longleaf Alliance

F.B. Whitfield Farms and Nursery

Meeks’ Farms and Nursery, Inc.

International Forest Company

* *

Steve McWilliams

Executive Vice President

*GEORGIA FORESTRY ASSOCIATION*

PO Box 1217

551 N Frontage road

Forsyth, GA 31029

478.992.8110 (o)

478.992.8109 (f)

*Forests. We'd Miss Them If They Were Gone.*

*NOTICE:** It is O.K. to print this email. The use of paper and other
products derived from trees, in addition to providing thousands of Georgia
jobs,  promotes the planting, health and sustainable management of forests,
which in turn leads to more and cleaner water, better air to breathe,
abundant wildlife and beautiful landscapes.*

--
John Allen Bailey
Central Region Forestry Teacher