Discussion CDE's will be held

March 1:  Area 4, Southeastern Tech, starting at 4:00 PM
March 3:  Area 3, Upson-Lee High, starting at 4:00 PM

Please respond to this email to register with the following information by noon on Monday, February 28.

School:
Teacher:
Student Name:

 The Discussion Topics are below.

1. Farm Bureau is the leading voice for agriculture but not the only voice.

How do we encourage other agricultural groups to work together for the common good of our industry?

2. Government has always been involved in agriculture.

Is the current level of government involvement a net hindrance or a net benefit to agriculture?

3. Has technology become essential for American farmers?

Should Farm Bureau influence and encourage all generations of farmers, ranchers and  agriculturalists to embrace technological opportunities?

4. Given recent challenges, such as volatile food prices and limited world food supplies, do American consumers adequately appreciate the importance of US-produced food?

Will American consumers consider American agriculture important to our security in the future?

RW

--
Ricky Wheeler
Area Animal Science Teacher