I really enjoyed getting see so many Ag. Teachers and FFA Members  last
week at the Georgia Jr. Livestock Show. One of the many highlights of the
week (other than not being in Atlanta) was having the opportunity to visit
with several Representatives of the House Ag. Committee as they were given
a tour of the facilities. I can assure you that they were all very
impressed with the activity, involvement, and skill at which you and your
students displayed.Once again, it made me truly proud to be a part of such
an awesome group of dedicated people in agricultural education. Driving
home from that event, I was thinking of all the great compliments and
positive remarks that was said about our students, our teachers, and the
entire activity. Is there any way to make the impact event greater?????
One idea that comes to mind requires your help -- so here is my attempt
get the most out of the event.

1. Please have every student that participated in the Georgia Jr.
Livestock Show write a "Thank-You" letter to your State Senator & State
Representative. (Hand Written is best). Please make sure they include
appreciation for supporting the Georgia National Fairgrounds - Agricenter
in Perry, as well as Agricultural Education programs and activities.  Have
the students turn the letters in to you so that you can proof them and
make sure they get mailed to the correct location.

2. Before mailing the Student Thank-You letters -- Please make a copy and
send a copy of each letter to me. You can mail, fax, or scan & e-mail
these -- I just need a copy so that I can share them with the leadership
at the Georgia National Fair.

3. I would consider this "time-Sensative" -- so if I can have all copies
to me no later than Tuesday - March 8, 2011 I will put them together in a
binder and share them with the Georgia National Fair.

I realize not everyone was participating last week -- but if you have ever
taken students to Georgia National Fair (horticulture display, forestry
display, floral design contest, tractor driving, lawnmower driving, etc...
 You could have those students write a letter as well)

This is something that will not take a lot of time and students could
complete during class -- So I hope we get outstanding participation in
this request. (there were nearly 1000 FFA members showing in the State
Livestock Show last week) -- but I really need your help to make it
happen.

As Always, I appreciate the great work that you are doing. Never forget
that YOU are so important. Each of you have a tremendous chance each day
to make a positive difference in a students life. What you are doing right
now can make a better tomorrow.

Best Regards,

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education