I really enjoyed getting see so many Ag. Teachers and FFA Members  last week at the Georgia Jr. Livestock Show. One of the many highlights of the week (other than not being in Atlanta) was having the opportunity to visit with several Representatives of the House Ag. Committee as they were given a tour of the facilities. I can assure you that they were all very impressed with the activity, involvement, and skill at which you and your students displayed.Once again, it made me truly proud to be a part of such an awesome group of dedicated people in agricultural education. Driving home from that event, I was thinking of all the great compliments and positive remarks that was said about our students, our teachers, and the entire activity. Is there any way to make the impact event greater????? One idea that comes to mind requires your help -- so here is my attempt get the most out of the event.

1. Please have every student that participated in the Georgia Jr. Livestock Show write a "Thank-You" letter to your State Senator & State Representative. (Hand Written is best). Please make sure they include appreciation for supporting the Georgia National Fairgrounds - Agricenter in Perry, as well as Agricultural Education programs and activities.  Have the students turn the letters in to you so that you can proof them and make sure they get mailed to the correct location.

2. Before mailing the Student Thank-You letters -- Please make a copy and send a copy of each letter to me. You can mail, fax, or scan & e-mail these -- I just need a copy so that I can share them with the leadership at the Georgia National Fair.

3. I would consider this "time-Sensative" -- so if I can have all copies to me no later than Tuesday - March 8, 2011 I will put them together in a binder and share them with the Georgia National Fair.

I realize not everyone was participating last week -- but if you have ever taken students to Georgia National Fair (horticulture display, forestry display, floral design contest, tractor driving, lawnmower driving, etc...  You could have those students write a letter as well)

This is something that will not take a lot of time and students could complete during class -- So I hope we get outstanding participation in this request. (there were nearly 1000 FFA members showing in the State Livestock Show last week) -- but I really need your help to make it happen.

As Always, I appreciate the great work that you are doing. Never forget that YOU are so important. Each of you have a tremendous chance each day to make a positive difference in a students life. What you are doing right now can make a better tomorrow.

Best Regards,

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education