Fellow Ag. Teachers,

there are still some questions regarding the End of Pathway Assessments for Agricultural Education. Here is a re-cap of the process:

Back in July & August (2010) your CTAE administrator was given information regarding the process, procedures, and sign-up opportunities for your students that you or your school system indicate are ready to take the End of Pathway Assessment currently available.
In Agricultural Education -- we provided two opportunities (Agricultural Mechanics & Forestry) and then CTAE decided to pilot the Plant Science / Horticulture Assessment.
Your CTAE Administrator was given a "Funding Request Document" because the state is covering the cost of the exams for this year.
Your CTAE Administrator should make the contact and get your students signed-up for any assessment that you (or your school system) is planning to provide.
See information below regarding contact information and procedures from CTAE.

Let me clarify some of the confusing details:

* the plant science/ horticulture is being "field tested" -- Selected schools have been asked to provide students that have completed the pathway. It is NOT required that every Plant Science / Horticulture pathway completer take the assessment this year.
* Any completes that you have in Agricultural Mechanics and/or Forestry - Natural Resources now have the opportunity to take the end of pathway assessment this year -- provided that your school CTAE administrator has "signed-up" and requested the funding through CTAE.
* A "completer" for any Agricultural Education Pathway is still defined as a student that has completed all three courses in a particular pathway. -- NO MATTER WHAT THEY SCORE ON THE ASSESSMENT.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

John (Chip) Bridges
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: 404.657.8311
Fax: 770.344.4411
email: [log in to unmask]

----- Forwarded by John Bridges/SIA/DOE/GADOE on 02/03/2011 08:29 AM -----
Mamie Hanson/SIA/DOE/GADOE

08/24/2010 03:55 PM

cc
Subject
Changes to FY2011 CTAE Assessment Funding Request Document

TO:        ALL CTAE Administrators
RE:        Changes to FY2011 CTAE Assessment Funding Request Document

This message is being sent in reference to several changes that have been made to
the FY2011 CTAE Assessment Funding Request Document.  In the updated copy of
the document:
        the Technical Skill Attainment Inventory Listing and will be replaced by the state-developed
        Plant Science Horticulture exam.  We are hoping to have the state developed exam
        available for dispensing mid-April, 2011.  For those systems that have already included
        this exam as a part of their count for funding, you do not need to re-submit your form.  I
        will make the correction on the form as the cost of the state developed exam is the same as
        the GGIA exams.
        option under the Interactive Media Pathway.  Please see the Assessment Information Sheet
        and blueprints for this certification exam attached and add these documents to your manual
        under Interactive Media.  If you are interested in using this exam, you will need
        to resubmit your funding request document using the updated form.  (So very sorry.)
        with the proper exam series on the original funding request document.  That has been rectified.
        If you requested funding for these exams series, you do not have to re-submit the document as
        a $15.00 covers one or all exams in the series.

Also see attached, an updated Technical Skill Attainment Inventory Listing.

Thank you so much for your patience as we work through this implementation process.

Mamie

______________________________
Mamie Hanson
Grants Program Consultant
Georgia Department of Education
Career, Technical & Agricultural Education
1752 Twin Towers East
Atlanta, GA  30334
Phone:  (404) 657-6279
Fax:  (404) 651-8984