Teachers,

Updated information for unloading next week!

First make sure to review the schedule for next week.  We have several new times for activities.

On Wednesday ONLY February 16th, animals will be directed to enter as follows:

All Cattle will line up and enter thru the Old Livestock entrance on the south side of the Tie Outs.

All Hogs will line up and enter thru the New Livestock entrance on the gravel road.    Hogs will be split approx. half way as to which barn they will unload, someone will be out there with barn/pen assignments.

NEW for 2011 - Hogs will unload directly into the barns and go to weigh in after they have been penned.

Mr. Tommy Waldrop will be sending out more detailed information shortly.

Don't Forget:
Perry FFA Canned Food Drive - refer to earlier emails on the listserv.
Check tattoos, tags, entry forms, registration papers, health papers and pictures.
Make sure they all match and are legible for checkin.
Times for Banquet and Rodeo Voucher pickup.
County Groups, Breeder's Groups
Livestock Quiz Bowl
Livestock Recordbooks
Herdsmen Award
Invite your Legislator.
Help the show.  Every species superintendent could use your help with ring help, passing out ribbons, clerking or line-up.  Please volunteer your time.

This is one of best opportunities to showcase Agriculture to the state of Georgia.  We should be on our best behavior in the barn and around Perry.  Remind students, parents and ourselves to treat the each other with respect and the animals with the proper care.

If you have any questions, contact your Area Animal Science Teacher!

Thank you for all the work you do with your students to get them prepared for this great opportunity to showcase the work they have done over the past few months.

RW
--
Ricky Wheeler
Area Animal Science Teacher