Please complete the online registration form for this contest:  2011 State Poultry CDE Registration.

Registration is now open for the 2011 State Poultry CDE on March, 12, 2011.
 The state contest will be held at Oglethorpe County Ag Center in Crawford, GA.  Please refer to the rules for the Junior and Senior CDE's at http://gaaged.org under Awards Bulletin.    Teams consist of 4 maximum team members only.  Chapters may have both Junior & Senior teams according to the rules of this event.   This is a straight to state contest, there are no area elimination contests for this CDE.  I am attaching a copy of the Scan tron for reference.  In order to register for this contest, please complete the registration form (see link below).  Registration packets will be prepared for only those teams who preregister.  Registration closes on Monday, March 7, 2011.  We will have T Shirts available for this contest - hopefully I will have a design to send to you on Monday.  They are $10 each for pre orders only.

Due to the large number of teams competing, we will have two sessions for this contest.  The morning contest will begin at 8:30 am (registration at 8:00 a.m.) and the afternoon contest will begin at 1:00 pm. (registration at 12:30 p.m.).  The morning contest will be offered first to South & Central region schools, and the North Region will compete in the afternoon.

Seniors will have a management test (management test will use odd year reference materials from the 2006-2010 Poultry Manual), team activity and will give reasons on Past Production Hens (Class 2).  Juniors will not:  take management test, give reasons or have a team activity.  **Please note on Class 9 Exterior Quality Factors - we will not use Factor #8 - Faulty Soundness/ Strength.

The Oglethorpe County Ag Center is directly behind Oglethorpe County High School.  The actual Ag center address is 55 Oglethorpe Drive, Crawford, GA  30630.  Crawford is approximately 20 minutes east of Athens on Hwy 78.

Registration link:  https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFY1eTZpcWZ0bnl6cWRqRUdpT0pqNXc6MA

Good luck on preparing your teams!

--
Christa Steinkamp