Thank you to Dawson County High School FFA for hosting the Area 1 Ag.
Mechanics CDE and a special thanks to Mr. Reggie Stowers for hosting and
managing the team rotations and Ms. Christa Steinkamp and Mr. Marcus Pollard
doing an outstanding job on scoring the event. It takes many people to pull
this event off and I'd like to take the opportunity to acknowledge them for
all of their help.  Thank you to our judges, Mr. Sonny Turner, Mr. Dan
Bennett, Mr. Gary Farmer, Mr. Stan Whitsit, Mr. Josh Allen, Ms. Ashley
Williams and Mr. Stan Mitchell and each teacher and student teacher who
helped with scoring and breaking down electrical board. A total of 15 teams
competed in the event, all scores have been double checked and rosters have
been verified.

Congratulations to *Pickens County High School* and Mr. Jason Cantrell for
winning first place and to* North Murray High School* and Mr. David Bushey
for placing second in a very close contest. The first and second place teams
will represent Area 1 in the State Ag,. Mechanics CDE at the FFA Camp in
Covington on Saturday March 19. A complete listing of student scores and
team placings is attached.

Sidney Bell
Area Agricultural Mechanics Teacher
North Region Agricultural Education