Please read the following announcement prepared by Hope Carter with
information regarding a Community Service Project organized by the Area II
Officer Team:

The *Area II* FFA officer team has worked diligently to plan a community
service project to collect care packages for soldiers with the help of the
Blue Star Mothers North Metro Atlanta chapter. Attached are 3 flyers that
will provide information for your chapter to participate in this worthy
cause.

*

Barn Dance - March 25
*

Proceeds from this event will help with postage costs of sending items
overseas. *Please RSVP for the dance by emailing Stan Mitchell no later than
Friday, March 18.* Include the number of students you plan to bring. See the
flyer for more details.

*

Collection Drive - until April 12
*

Please begin collecting items in your classrooms and bring those items to
the Area 2 Teachers Meeting on April 12. A complete list of acceptable items
as well as a step-by-step guide and helpful hints for making this a
successful project are attached.

The Blue Star Mothers of America Organization is one of the oldest and most
respected military support organizations in the U.S. Their main goal is to
support the many sons and daughters serving our country abroad and at home.
While their own children are blessed with families who can send them support
through boxes, cards, letters and emails, there are many young men and women
serving today, who, for whatever reason, lack this emotional connection
while far from home. Often, a simple care package with goodies from home can
bring great joy to our brave service men and women. The organization also
strives to tend to families who have lost children in the line of duty and
support veterans and their families wherever and whenever needed. Blue Star
mothers are those who have a child serving in our military. Silver Star
mothers have had a child wounded while serving, and Gold Star mothers
are moms that have lost a child during combat.

I encourage all of you to rally your troops to participate in this community
service project. If you have any questions or would like more information,
please contact Area 2 President Newt Gilman
(*[log in to unmask]*<[log in to unmask]>),
Hope Carter or Stan Mitchell.

--
Stan Mitchell
North Region Coordinator