Teachers, we did not have anyone to indicate that they would send in a
proficiency application in six award areas.  They are listed below.  If you
have a FFA member with a project in these areas, please encourage them to
apply.   You can still enter a student in these open areas by using the
on-line form.    Also, please note that next Tuesday, Feb. 15 is the
deadline for a printed copy of your proficiency applications to be in the
Region Office.  Please note that this is not the postmarked date, but the
date that they will need to be in our office.  The judging process will
begin the following day.  Region proficiency winners will be announced March
1.  If you are mailing your applications, please plan to mail them by the
end of this week to make sure we receive them by Tuesday.  Please do not fax
them.  Our fax machine can not handle the load.

The six open areas are:

Dairy Production  Entrepreneurship
Diversified Crop Production  Entrepreneurship
Food Science and Technology - Entrepreneurship/Placement
Forage Production - Entrepreneurship/Placement
Grain Production  Entrepreneurship
Specialty Crop Production - Entrepreneurship/Placement

--
Blane Marable
Agriculture Education