Teachers, we did not have anyone to indicate that they would send in a proficiency application in six award areas.  They are listed below.  If you have a FFA member with a project in these areas, please encourage them to apply.   You can still enter a student in these open areas by using the on-line form.    Also, please note that next Tuesday, Feb. 15 is the deadline for a printed copy of your proficiency applications to be in the Region Office.  Please note that this is not the postmarked date, but the date that they will need to be in our office.  The judging process will begin the following day.  Region proficiency winners will be announced March 1.  If you are mailing your applications, please plan to mail them by the end of this week to make sure we receive them by Tuesday.  Please do not fax them.  Our fax machine can not handle the load.

The six open areas are:

Dairy Production – Entrepreneurship
Diversified Crop Production – Entrepreneurship
Food Science and Technology - Entrepreneurship/Placement
Forage Production - Entrepreneurship/Placement
Grain Production – Entrepreneurship
Specialty Crop Production - Entrepreneurship/Placement

--
Blane Marable
Agriculture Education